To maximise your performance in the Eureka Stair Climb, we recommend preparing for the event through a stair climb training program.
Stair climb challenges require not only endurance but also mental strength. Two months of training should prepare you for the event.
How long will it take to complete the event?
- Elite climber 10 - 15mins
- Intermediate level 15 - 30mins
- First timer 30mins+
Our friend at Stair Climbing Australia have put together some great training programs to help get you ready for Eureka Stair Climb. Click here, choose your level and download a copy
- Start your training at least 6 - 8 weeks before event day
- Train on hills and stairs
- Put a pack on for more intense workouts
- If training on stairs don't run down, but walk to minimise impact on your joints
- Use the railing (if available).
- Take the elevator down if you can
- Cross training is great - stairs, run, cycle, swim, lift weights...
Remember Eureka Stair Climb involves over 1,600 stairs - so prepare well and to stick to your training schedule!
Follow us on Social Media and share your training experience
Stair Climbing Australia have created a great GeoMap section showing an ever growing number of great stairs to train on all over Australia.
Below just a few training spots in Victoria to get you ready for the Eureka Stair Climb: