To maximise your performance in the Eureka Stair Climb, we recommend preparing for the event through a training program.
A stair climb challenge requires endurance and mental strength. Two months of training should prepare you for the event.
How long will it take to complete the event?
- Elite climber 10 - 15mins
- Intermediate level 15 - 30mins
- First timer 30mins+
Stair Climbing Australia have put together some training programs. Choose your level and download a copy:
- Start your training at least 6 - 8 weeks before event day
- Train on hills and stairs
- Put a pack on for more intense workouts
- If training on stairs don't run down, but walk to minimise impact on your joints
- Use the railing (if available).
- Take the elevator down if you can
- Anything goes - stairs, run, cycle, swim, lift weights...
All you need is the willingness to train.....
Remember Eureka Stair Climb involves over 1,600 stairs - so prepare well!
Follow us on Social Media and share your training experience
Below are a few training spots in Victoria to get ready for Eureka Stair Climb: